American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act’s Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF三世).
The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF三世) is authorized by the American Rescue Plan (ARP), 公法117-2, signed into law on March 11, 2021, 提供39美元.6 billion in support to institutions of higher education to serve students and ensure learning continues during the COVID-19 pandemic.
ARP funds are in addition to funds authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260, and the Coronavirus 援助, 复苏, and Economic 安全 (CARES) Act, Public Law 116-136. Emergency funds available to institutions and their students under all emergency funds total $76.20亿年.
符合条件的 费用 包括:
- any component of their cost of attendance
- emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, 如:学费, 食物, 住房, health care (including mental), 和照顾孩子.
Institutions are required to prioritize grants to students with exceptional financial need, such as those who receive Pell Grants.
LRSC American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act’s Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF三世) 授予 & Disbursement Policy Phase I
- 符合条件的 students must be enrolled for the summer 2021 semester as of June 12, 2021
- Must be a degree-seeking student
- LRSC will distribute HEERF三世 funds to students with exceptional needs.
- Students receiving Pell grants will receive a block grant in the amount of $1,000. This block grant will be awarded to prioritize those students with exceptional financial needs.
授予 & Disbursement Policy Phase II
- 符合条件的 students enrolled on or after March 13, 2020, 2020年春季, 2020年夏天, and Fall 2020 semesters. Students must have been degree-seeking students who are currently not enrolled at another institution. LRSC will distribute 25% of the funding it has received for this population of students felt to have suffered the most impact from the COVID-19 emergency. Students will have 90 days from the date of disbursement to cash the funds. If the check has not been cashed it will be voided. The institution will either re-issue to another student or return the funds to the Department of Education.
- Students who were enrolled as degree-seeking students for the Fall 2021 semester (at the time of the census) will receive the following:
- Pell grant recipients: $1,400
- Non-Pell grant recipients: $1,000
- The remaining funding (approximately 3%) will be open for international applicants or students that have a special circumstance caused by the COVID-19 emergency.
- 去 international students must complete the application on the website.
- 去, currently enrolled students that have a special circumstance can email a request to the LRSC HEERF三世 Committee - 凯尔西.Walters@tianlongfuding.com
- Any remaining HEERF三世 funds that have not been requested by Jan 31, 2022, will be distributed to eligible enrolled students receiving the Pell grant.
- As of December 30, 2021 LRSC has distributed $883,382 to 1,082 students.
- As of March 31, 2022 LRSC has distributed $883,382 to 1,082 students.